Here are what I believe the top 7 online marketing trends that have dominated 2014 and will also be significant in 2015:
1. Content Marketing – Using really valuable content to attract customers and clients, and to gain authority and trust
2. Social Media Marketing – Business are now using more social media beyond Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. e.g. Pinterest, FourSquare, StumbleUpon etc
3. Image-Centric Content Dominates – 70% of marketers using images, in well placed locations in blogs, social media posts etc.
4. Less is more – Keep it simple. Read Seth Godin “The Purple Cow” and understand what its like to stand out from the crowd.
5. Mobile-Friendly Content – Ensure your website is mobile responsive, and when you output emails that they are mobile friendly too!
6. Ad Retargeting – Check our AdRoll.
7. SEO is now a key part of any serious company in terms of longer term ROI